Friday 1 November 2013

A visit to the doctors...

Facing a new, extremely challenging, situation in our family life. It would appear that our youngest grandsons slowness to develop in speaking may be due to him being profoundly deaf. I am so pleased that daughter made an appointment to ask for developmental tests (long story why these been missed) and asked me to go with them. Poor boy didn't even flinch when doc made very loud noises right behind him.

Anyway, it is the start of making sure he gets the best treatment and therapies and as DD and I are very close, she asks for advice often, and we look after the boys three times a week, I will be calling on my inner strength to support them through whatever comes next after diagnosis ...

Having Gransnet editor-ing to do should help keep me sane along with mindfulness and meditation though any tips on grand parenting in such a situation gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment